CSU momma & baby:)

CSU momma & baby:)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Night Owl Reformation

Since I'm starting to work on this blog after midnight, I'm sure it seems I really am not taking this seriously, hmmm....
I have ALWAYS been a night owl. Just ask my mom. She says that when I was little she would head off to bed and say, "Make sure you turn off all the lights when you go to bed!". I honestly can't confirm or deny this, but I certainly do have a knack for staying up. What I have found in mommy land is staying up late is not conducive to being a sweet, happy mommy the following morning. The main thing is I just move SO slow! It takes me most of the day to get revved up, then I get energy after the kids go to bed, and start working on all the things I need to get done, and... Well I'm sure you see where this is going. It is definitely a vicious cycle. So today is my "day one". December 1st seems like a good day to try to change my ways. Who wants to wait until January 1st anyway? So, I need some cyber-accountability. I'm going to try to post my progress as often as possible. Since I'll be a well rested woman, this should be easy!;)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Cara, you were the last one always to bed and I raised Kyle the same way--hey, you turned out ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issue. I have never been a early bird. And yes, I drag as well in the mornings. It doesn't help that Ryan gets home around 12:30 am and I feel guilty about being cuddled in bed asleep when he gets home from working all evening. :) Being at mom and dad's helps because they go to bed around 10 and I will wake them if I'm up vacuuming at 2 am. The kids sleep through that kind of stuff. I'm afraid my parents wouldn't be as understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am totally going to do this too! You have inspired me!!! I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean! It is definitely a cycle I need to break! thanks for taking this first step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am TOTALLY a night owl too. I didn't make it to bed until 2am just the other night and I was resisting the urge to read after I got in bed... My kids are trained pretty well that they are content to play in their rooms until 8/830am or so. They both need time to wake up and get going anyhow so it works well right now. If one of them turns into an early bird, I guess I'll have to try and change my ways until they are old enough for it not to matter! Good luck with your big adjustment! ~ Carrie Poledna

    ReplyDelete